A detailed explanation of installation procedures of Ultrasonic Liquid Flowmeter
（1） Learn more about the siteBefore the installation of the ultrasonic flowmeter, the site conditions shall be known, including:
1. What is the distance from the sensor to the host machine;
2. Pipe material, pipe wall thickness, and pipe diameter;
3. Pipeline service life;
4. Fluid type, whether it contains impurities, bubbles and whether it is full;
5. Fluid temperature;
6. Whether there are interference sources (such as frequency conversion, strong magnetic field, etc.) on the installation site;
7. Four season temperature of the host location;
8. Whether the used power supply voltage is stable;
9. Whether remote signals and types are required;
According to the site conditions provided above, the manufacturer can configure according to the site conditions, or make special models if necessary.
（2） Select the installation locationThe selection of pipe sections for installation has a great impact on measurement accuracy. The selected pipe section shall avoid interference and eddy current, which have a great impact on measurement accuracy. Generally, the pipe section shall meet the following conditions:
1. Avoid installing the machine in the water pump, high-power radio, or frequency conversion, that is, where there is a strong magnetic field and vibration interference;
2. The pipe section with uniform and dense pipes and easy ultrasonic transmission shall be selected;
3. The straight pipe section shall be long enough. The straight pipe section upstream of the installation point must be greater than 10D (note: D=diameter), and the straight pipe section downstream must be greater than 5D;
4. The upstream of the installation point shall be 30D away from the water pump;
5. The fluid shall fill the pipe;
6. There shall be enough space around the pipeline to facilitate the operation of on-site personnel. The underground pipeline shall be provided with test wells, which are as follows:
（3） Determine probe installation modeUltrasonic flowmeter generally has two probe installation methods, namely the Z method and the V method.
However, when D<200mm and the site condition is one of the following conditions, the Z method can also be used for installation:
1. When the turbidity of the measured fluid is high, no signal can be received by the V method or the signal is very weak;
2. When the inner wall of the pipe is lined;
3. When the service life of the pipeline is too long and the inner wall is severely scaled;
For those with good pipeline conditions, even if D is slightly greater than 200mm, the V method can also be used to improve the measurement accuracy.
（4） Pipe surface treatmentAfter determining the position of the probe, within ± 100mm of the two mounting points, use an angle grinder, file, sandpaper, and other tools to polish the pipe until it is bright, smooth, and free of corrosion pits.
Requirements: uniform luster, no ups and downs, smooth and round feel. Special attention shall be paid to the grinding point, which shall have the same radian as the original pipe. It is forbidden to grind the mounting point into a plane and wipe the range with alcohol or gasoline to facilitate the bonding of the probe.
（5） Find out the installation distance and determine the probe position1. Input the pipe parameters into the instrument, select the probe installation mode, and obtain the installation distance;
2. On the horizontal pipeline, the middle of the pipeline shall be generally selected, avoiding the top and bottom (the top may contain bubbles, and the bottom may have sediment);
3. V method installation: first determine a point, and then measure another point at the horizontal position according to the installation distance.
Z method installation: first determine a point, measure another point at the horizontal position according to the installation distance, and then measure the symmetrical point of this point on the other side of the pipe.
（6） Fine-tune the probe positionAfter the wiring is completed, fill the probe with silica gel and place it for half an hour, then fix the probe to the polished pipe with silica gel and fixture (pay attention to the probe direction and the lead end outward), and then observe the ratio of signal strength to the transmission time of the instrument. If it is not good, fine-tune the probe position until the instrument signal reaches the specified range:
(Signal strength: generally greater than 6.5, a few can be determined according to the specific situation on site.)
(Transmission time ratio: within the range of 100 ± 3, this value must be stable.)
（7） Fixed probe
After the instrument signal is adjusted, the probe shall be fixed with the fixture provided. Pay attention not to tilt the steel wire rope to avoid pulling the probe and causing the probe to shift. Then seal the periphery of the probe in contact with the pipe with silica gel. It takes about a day for this glue to solidify. Before drying, pay attention to the waterproofing of the probe.
Ultrasonic flow meter Instantaneous flow meter fluctuates greatly.
A. The signal intensity fluctuates greatly; B. The measured fluid fluctuates greatly;Solution: Adjust the position of the probe, improve the signal strength (keep it above 3%), and ensure stable signal strength
Fixed. If the fluid fluctuates greatly, the position is not good. Select a new point.2. Low signal of external clamp flowmeter?
The pipe diameter is too large, the pipe is severely scaled, or the installation method is incorrect.Solution: For excessive pipe diameter and serious scaling, it is recommended to use a plug-in probe or select "Z" type safety
3. The signal decreases after the plug-in probe is used for a period of time?The probe may shift or the scale on the probe surface may be thick.
Solution: readjust the probe position and clean the probe surface.
4. No display after startupCheck whether the power supply property corresponds to the rating of the instrument and whether the fuse is burnt out. If the above problem does not exist
It is suggested to send the instrument back to our company for inspection by professional technicians.
5. After powering on, the instrument has only a backlight and no character display.This is generally due to the loss of the program chip. It is recommended to send the instrument back to our company for processing.
6. Can the instrument not be used under strong field interference?
The fluctuation range of the power supply is large, there is a frequency converter or strong magnetic field interference around, and the grounding wire is incorrect.Solution: provide a stable power supply for the instrument. The instrument shall be installed far away from the frequency converter and strong magnetic field interference
Good grounding wire.